Favorites ()

How to Give

Thank you for considering a gift to the University of St. Thomas.
You'll find information about different types of gifts, and instructions on transferring funds to the university below.  

Questions?  Please contact the Development Office at
(651) 962-6950 or (800) 328-6819, Ext. 2-6950,
or email us at development@stthomas.edu.

Your generous gift is appreciated!


Give securely using one of our online giving forms or call the St. Thomas Development Office at (651) 962-6950 or (800) 328-6819, Ext. 2-6950. Please have the following information ready when you call:

  • Name on credit card
  • Type of credit card
  • Account number
  • Expiration date on card
  • Amount of gift
  • CVV code on the back of the card
  • Class year or affiliation to St. Thomas

Checks should be made payable to University of St. Thomas and mailed to:

University of St. Thomas
Development Office
P.O. Box 64947
St. Paul, MN 55164-0947

Click the link below for more details about Donor Advised Funds, or contact Gift Accounting:

Gift Accounting
(651) 962-6899; (800) 328-6819, Ext. 2-6899;

The Federal Tax I.D. Number for the University of St. Thomas is 41-0693970.

If you need an address for your grant request form, please use:

University of St. Thomas Development Office
P.O. Box 64947
St. Paul, MN 55164-0947

Please mail to:

Unviersity of St. Thomas
P.O. Box 64947
St. Paul, MN 55164-0947

With a charitable rollover gift from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA), you can make a lasting difference in the life of a Tommie.

Many employers (and former employers, for retirees) match the charitable gifts of their employees. You can check whether your employer matches gifts by visiting the Matching Gifts page.

You can also ask your human resources department if your employer matches charitable gifts. If it does match gifts, please obtain, complete and submit a matching-gift form (or fill one out online, if your employer offers that option) to multiply the value of your gift.

If you have questions about matching gifts, please contact:

Nancy Seifert
(651) 962-6946 or (800) 328-6946 Ext. 2-6946

If you would like to make a gift of real estate or other tangible property, please contact:

Jason Watt, JD, CPA
Director of Planned Giving
(651) 962-6945 or  (800) 328-6819, Ext. 2-6945

By remembering St. Thomas in your will or trust (use the name "University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN"), you receive more benefits than tax savings and retention of your assets for life: You create a legacy of helping others, expressing gratitude and making a difference in the world.

Questions? Contact the Planned Giving office at (651) 962-6945; (800) 328-6819, Ext. 2-6945.

For detailed instructions on stock and bond transfers, please review our instruction page.

Arranging for a wire transfer involves specific instructions. Please complete this form to receive the instructions. 

If you have questions, you can also contact a gift officer, send us an email at development@stthomas.edu or call our gift accounting department at 651-962-6899.